Hi. It’s been a while.
Hello, books on my bed frame.
Hello, clothes of my teenage years in the closet.
Hello, letters in my secret shoe box.
Hello, my dearest teddy bears.
We have aged so much.
I hope you are glad to see me, as I am to see you.
I am sorry I have not been back often.
I should have. But I didn’t because there’s always something to do, people to meet and work to be done in the city. And excuses like…
its a freaking 3 hours bus ride back home.
I am sorry for all the excuses. I really am…
Now that I am back, lets make peace because I have so much to tell you.
Remember all the dreams that was created in this room? How I’ve wanted to be free, go places and be able to do whatever I wanted to do in life? I am living that dream now. Physically, mentally and emotionally.
– I’ve worked for an Airline, been to many countries and I am planning for a 1 year backpacking trip in 2013. Oh! The thrill!
– I’ve worked with a jerk and a bitch to finally realised that I will continue to meet jerks and bitches in this lifetime. And it’s completely ok to walk away than to try and work things out with them.
– I’ve dated a handful of men, some good, some not do good and had my heart wounded way too many times to finally realise what I am looking for in a long term partnership.
Remember the years when I craved so much to be loved by a man?
– I no longer crave for love because I’ve found love within me. I’ve learned to love myself more now. Yes I am still single but I am not in a hurry to let any guy put a ring on my finger. I don’t settle for second best now. So, finding love will take awhile but that’s fine.
Remember the years when I said so many hurtful things about mom in my diary?
– We get along well now and overseas trip has become a yearly routine with her and dad. She’s no longer angry at me (or at herself). Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s because she has learned to accept me for who I am. Honestly, I am not such a bad person. At all.
So…room, bed, books, clothes, letters and my dearest teddy bears.
Life is pretty good now for me. Which it wouldn’t have been if it weren’t for you.
So thank you.